Why should you upgrade now?
- There are many business reasons:
- Epicor ERP 10 has been out since April of 2014
- Operations and growth have outpaced your ERP version
Certain versions of Microsoft server operating systems aren’t certified or compliant on older versions of Epicor
- ERP version has reached or is approaching obsolescence
- Maximized your current versions capabilities and now need more functionality
- Need more functionality, but your current 10-15-year version of Epicor cannot keep up
- There is a business risk of using an aged ERP system to run your business
- Faster workflows, SOP’s, steps, and clicks increase productivity
- Support becomes more difficult as your ERP version ages
- For your business, it’s time to take a serious look at bringing your Epicor ERP system to the 21st century
What are the costs for upgrading?
- The costs are always more than just the database conversion step. There’s consulting time that includes discussing your pain points, and that leads to one of our experts guiding you through the new version to ensure you and your company are fully taking advantage of each feature in E10.
- Your current version of Epicor can impact the cost of upgrading as well. Upgrading from Epicor 9 to the latest version (E10) takes less time than if you are coming from Vantage 8.03 or older. The larger the version jump, the more project time needed.
- The typical milestones are: (the budgetary estimates below are what we typically see; however please contact me directly for a more accurate picture)
- (8-24 hrs.) Perhaps a BPR (Business Process Review)/Company ERP use of audit/Company & Plant configuration reviewing. Discussions about what’s troublesome or inefficient. Let’s identify together where we can uncover opportunities. Are you using side systems, external systems, Excel?
- (80-120 hrs.) Database conversions, migrations, supplemental installations, configurations, setups, upgrades, workbench executions, sys admin steps, server sizing, hardware setup, SSRS & SQL configuring, database tuning, app server setups. All of which are very important steps.
- (8-80 hrs.) Technical uplifts. Progress ABL to C# converting/testing. NET & .NET to C# converting/testing. Crystal reports converted to SSRS. BPM’s, Dashboards, customizations that require attention to properly run for you in E10.
- (24-80 hrs.) Training. Providing professional training classes that perhaps have never been done before. We also tailor our training courses to only go over the changes for your version to the latest version. Knowing how to use E10 is key to the efficiency of your users and directly impacts their productivity.
- (24-80 hrs.) CRP (Conference room pilot). This milestone is after all training has been completed and all technical uplifts have been concluded. This is the final step before GO LIVE. With a group of PTS experts onsite leading the CRP, we can ensure full testing of all QTC steps linked to your typical business processing needs.
- (24-80 hrs.) GO LIVE.
- (8-40 hrs.) Post GO LIVE support.
- (8 hrs.) First month end support.
- With these milestones & development activities the projects costs can vary.
- Call today to schedule a free consultation. Let’s work on plan based on your needs!
How long does an upgrade take?
- The duration varies based on the size of your company, number of users, complexity of your needs, the volume of technical uplifts, how much training you’d like to include and so on. Typically, the actions are laid out in the free consultation meeting with Jim, and those activities are commonly performed over a 2-7-month span. Some companies complete all of the steps in 2 or 3 months; others need 7 to 9 months because of the disruption and internal demands on their company.
Why use PTS?
- Purely and simply – PTS offers the most experience at the most competitive price in the market. We have the advantage of knowing your processes, product, and procedures by working with your business and servicing your needs.
- We have performed 60+ upgrades & new installations. We’ve seen just about everything.
- We have a full staff to cover all of your needs from A to Z – server sizing to security to SOX/GAAP to consultants to developers to CRP to GO LIVE and afterwards. We have full knowledge & experience from end to end.