Epicor® SSRS Reports
Epicor® SSRS Reports Development
Starting with Epicor® version 10, Epicor® began using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) reports instead of Crystal. SSRS is a report-building platform specifically developed for Microsoft users, producing excellent reports that provide valuable business information to help improve productivity and performance.
The SSRS platform gives users maximum flexibility when designing their report structures, enabling them to determine which data to include, where to get the data and how they want the data to be displayed. Epicor® SSRS then generates the reports by channeling the specified data through a retrieval system and combining it with the desired report layout. The result is a report suited specifically to your business and preferences.
Key Epicor® SSRS Benefits
In previous versions of Epicor®, the system used Crystal Reports. Though practical, these reports didn’t offer the same flexibility and interactivity as Epicor® SSRS reports. Some of the main advantages SSRS offers over Crystal include:
- Ease of Use: The SSRS system was made with Microsoft users in mind, developed to have a similar look and feel as any Microsoft Office product. This helps make SSRS more intuitive for businesspeople familiar with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Data Sorting: SSRS allows users to sort large amounts of data into groups with ease. In turn, this helps with reporting by allowing interactive reports to be developed more easily.
- Unlimited Queries: Epicor® 10 outputs all reporting data into a database that is separate from your regular ERP business database. This allows users to make unlimited queries and use the full power of SQL in reports without negatively affecting business operations by slowing the rest of the database.
- Security: Epicor® 10 uses an access portal as a barrier to reporting functions, which is integrated with the ERP Active Directory. This means not just anyone can view, edit or design reports — they have to have certain permissions to do so. These administrative rights can also be customized, so different administrators might be named for each report folder.
Convert Crystal Reports to SSRS
If you’re not quite ready to give up on Crystal reports or need to create SSRS reports from your old Crystal reports, there is a way to make it work. Simply set up your credentials by setting up a user and password setting that has access to the SQL database. Next, clean up your existing reports and convert them to a format that is compatible with Epicor® 10.
This may involve rearranging the tables or altering formulas. Next, make sure the reports are pointed to Epicor® 10 database tables and Menu Maintenance.
If you need help converting your Crystal Reports to a format Epicor® 10 can use or are interested in converting to Crystal Reports entirely, all you need to do is contact Practical Technology Solutions. We’ll help convert your reports and get started with Epicor® SSRS.
Practical Technology Solutions Offers a Host of Epicor® 10 SSRS Reporting Solutions
If you are an Epicor® 10 user who wants to take full advantage of the SSRS platform to enhance your business operations, Practical Technology Solutions can help. We’re an independent software services provider with an expert staff featuring more than 175 years of combined Epicor® experience.
We’re well-versed in all areas of the Epicor® 10 software product, including its report generation capabilities. We can assist you with everything from Epicor® SSRS design and setup to modifying an out-of-the-box report to your specifications. We also have comprehensive experience with previous Epicor® versions and their reporting suites, so we can help you convert old reports into a format compatible with the new SSRS design.
We’ve Created Numerous Types of Epicor® SSRS Reports in Multiple Styles
PTS has extensive experience in creating customized Epicor® 10 SSRS reports in a wide range of styles and formats. Examples of the many types of reports we can develop for your company include:
- Bill of Materials Single-Level Cost
- Capacity Planning by Resource Group
- Goods Received Note
- Job Historical Review Report Un-Suppressed Details
- Labor Edit Report
- Negative On-Hand Quantity
- On-Time Delivery Performance Report Un-Suppressed
- On-Time Delivery Performance Graph
- Purchase Order Lines by Vendor
- Production Hours by Project
We Offer Extensive SSRS Consulting Services
As a Practical Technology Solutions customer, you will have access to our superior Epicor® application consulting services. Your independent consultant will work closely with you and your staff to determine what type and style of SSRS report will meet your business requirements. We will then assist you in developing customized reports that will provide timely, useful information for specific areas within your organization.
Because our consultants are former trainers, they can also provide valuable guidance on how to get the most out of your Epicor® SSRS reports.
Contact Practical Technology Solutions to Learn More About Epicor® SSRS Reports
PTS will be more than happy to work with your team to customize your ERP reporting software. All we want is to help you and your employees succeed with a system that will work with you, not against you.
Learn more about the many ways in which Epicor® SSRS reports can improve your company’s operating efficiency and help you maximize your investment.